Monday, December 2, 2013

crazy couple of weeks

It has been a crazy couple of weeks!!
We had a huge consignment sale to prepare for and work at, a cloth diaper switch, plenty of Thanksgiving festivities, Christmas decorating, Santa visiting...oh, and the pneumonia I'm currently still dealing with even after being on antibiotics since Friday. Yay!!

I was going to talk about each one of those things, but that would probably be long and boring. So, I guess I'll just make each short and sweet.

We participated in a weekend long consignment sale for the first time. I don't have too much to say about it...just a lot of work for someone taking almost half of the earnings. It literally took me a week to get everything ready, on hangers, entered in the system and price tagged. Then, I had to hang it all up when I got there...WITH both kids...and that took about 3 hours. I will say, after being there with both kids for that long and surviving, I really felt like I had accomplished something amazing....Super Mom status = when you have accomplished something you thought would go terribly wrong. But, anyway, I also had to work a shift during the sale....as security.haha.

The cloth diaper switch. I had always thought about doing it, even with Madeline, but I always had a closet full of disposable diapers. I kid you not, before Joseph, we had NEVER spent a dime on diapers....I wish I could find the picture of Madeline's closet, filled from side to side, top to bottom, with boxes from newborn to toddler. It was hilarious. Now that we have actually had to spend money on these things that we are throwing away...technically we could have kept them because they never really DO "go away" after they're thrown away, right?...my attitude changed completely. I would actually wait until the last couple of diapers before grumbling to my husband about picking up another $40 box of diapers. I hate spending money on things that are thrown away, including toilet paper and paper towels....but that's another story. There are other obvious reasons for making the switch too.

Thanksgiving festivities!! Fun, as always. Seeing all of the kid cousins together makes it even more fun. Joseph had an adorable, little turkey hat and Madeline had on a sweet smock dress...I love dressing them for special occasions. It's funny how as adorable as a humongous bow is on a little girl's head is, there ain't nothing like something funny on a boy, like a turkey hat! haha.

Christmas decorating and Santa visiting... There is no other way to describe it other than this truly is the most wonderful time of year when you have a little one. Seriously, it is so amazing seeing the magic of Christmas through your children's eyes...like the best thing ever. I can't wait to post more about our making of the Christmas memories...including Krinkle, our Elf on a Shelf, and his daily adventures.

Oh, and the pneumonia...yeah, it doesn't seem to be going away. I guess when you're nursing they can't give you the good stuff. Ugh.

Pictures!!!

Consignment sale loot!

The kiddos!









After football with the cousins.

Madeline was beat!!

This cutie.


Krinkle's arrival

Madeline's cheat sheet for Santa

Tree fascination 













Advent calendar that Madeline reminds me of the second she wakes up!




No comments:

Post a Comment