Monday, August 21, 2017

"I want to be everything!"

"I want to be everything" is what Madeline answered when asked what I should write as her future career. You want to be everything? What does that even mean?
"Well, Mom, I really want to be president, but I think you have to be older to do that. So, first I'll be a teacher, maybe a doctor too. I know I want to be a Mommy and I also want to help children that are not mine. I could be anything, so I will be everything." 
My wish is that this amazing little girl always has these colossal dreams. The world is a scary place, it gets scarier by the day. That only means I need to push even harder to help her grow into this powerful girl that she dreams of becoming. Heck, she's already so strong and independent that she surprises me daily. 
When asked what she was most excited for today, she replied recess and lunch. That's our social butterfly...ready to soar. I will miss her so much, as she goes off to school each day. But, school is her happy place. She longs for the independence, social interaction, and filling her brain with new information every day. 
Happy first day of first grade to our little bug! You will do great things!!











 

And please, please, please, ALWAYS blow me kisses.......

No comments:

Post a Comment