Friday, April 29, 2011

Dear Pre-teen girls,

    I regret to inform you that Joshua no longer has a cell phone, no longer has access to the home phone and is only allowed to go to school and baseball. The rest of his time will be spent at home, working on assignments and studying. He has made some bad decisions and it was his last chance. Maybe he can try again next school year.
Sincere apologies,
Josh's Mom



I watched some of the Royal Wedding, actually just wanted to see the Queen arrive and the wedding dress. Mission Accomplished. My favorite part....

Her tiara. I loved wearing a tiara on my wedding day and I wish I could wear one every day.
I was up at 5am this morning and now I am exhausted. It wasn't the little one that had me up early....ooooh no....it was Josh who had me in bed late and up at the crack of dawn. Why? Because he failed to tell me about a research paper he had to write. I received an email from his teacher yesterday, he is not handing in assignments....there are a lot of missing assignments. I was fuming. Then I called the teacher and she said he also needed to have his research paper in tomorrow. I think smoke was coming out of my ears. He was lucky I found this out around noon and I had time to cool off. When he came home I ripped apart his book bag...what an awful mess. Before baseball I sent him upstairs to START the research for the research paper. Then we had baseball, got home around 8 and he worked on it for a couple more hours. I sent him to bed and swooped in to save the day. I now know more about Saudi Arabia than I ever really wanted to know. Some interesting facts from my research: 5.5 of the 26.1 million are non-citizens, the most commonly grown fruit is date-palms and English is their 2nd language and even taught in schools. Yep, I got my research on and put together a fact sheet for Josh to start on the paper. I woke him up at 5am and he worked on it up until he left for the bus at 7:30....I guess I showed him! Not really, though. I didn't have time for true correction of the behavior, we only had a limited amount of time to get this entire paper done. I sure hope he is as exhausted as I am, but either way he is now punished. I have taken away his cell phone, the home phone, outside privileges, PS3 and pretty much everything else except baseball. And he has the nerve to catch an attitude that he is punished. KIDS! Grrr! They need to stay tiny and cute forever. That is all.

No comments:

Post a Comment