Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What the [double] fudge?!

Today was unique.
It was a half day for Josh, so we went out for a Subway lunch (Josh's fav) and then to the grocery store. Josh was very excited to see I brought coupons...."Mom, when did you start using these??!!". haha. I think this brought him hope that the store would not be so boring, instead it was now like a scavenger hunt!
Behold...the holder of coupons...
There were a lot of older folks at the Giant today, so Madeline was in her glory. Older women and men get a kick out of her hair do. We had a few that just wanted someone to talk to.
[L.O.L. = Little Old Lady]
L.O.L.: "Can you believe hot dogs are $5?" *shakes head*
Me: "No, that is ridiculous."
L.O.L: "Well, there's nothing I can do about it." *frowns and throws hot dogs into her cart*
Me: *quickly fanning through coupons as she walks away* "WAIT! Are those Ball Parks?"
L.O.L.: "Why yes, they are."
Me: *hands hot dog coupon*
I swear and you can ask Josh, she got tears in her eyes and told me that was the nicest thing anyone has done in a while. Wow.
Josh's thoughts: This lady loves coupons
My thoughts: Coupons bring joy to everyone.
Just kidding! I explained to Josh as we walked away that she was just genuinely touched that someone had taken the time to help her out.
Shortly after, I had another L.O.L. grab me by the arm to tell me how beautiful my children were. She then proceeded to tell me a sad story of how she loved children and tried to have a baby for 35 years. :( 
As we were leaving I noticed the Freedom Village bus outside. Ooooh, it was the day they loaded up the old folks home and carted them to Giant. It all made sense.

I decided to get the mail today, it had been a while. There was A LOT of mail. I noticed one envelope that said Maryland SafeZones Automated Speed Enforcement. Oh no. That had to be something that was my fault. I tried to peer through the envelope, but did not want to open it...then that would be like admiting guilt of some sort. I knew I hadn't ran a red light or been pulled over, but I was not going to take that chance and open the incriminating paper. Instead I made Double Fudge Cupcakes ...thinking THIS will soften the blow of whatever citation I had gotten myself into.hehe.

Well, Anthony opened it and I have been caught speeding by a speed monitoring system (WTF??), but was not upset...thanks to said cupcakes.hehe. I think I was a little more upset then he was actually. That's crazy. I was only going 72mph on Rt. 95...people have been know to fly by me going at least 90! So, I guess they must get a lot of these tickets?? But, after looking the citation over I noticed that (1) It was in a work zone, so the speed limit is lowered to 55 & (2) This is an overdue notice, so I must have overlooked the 1st notice. Oops!
Yeah, so I am not a happy camper with Maryland's sneakiness! If a copper doesn't catch me, it's not fair to say it happened!
In the words of Josh: Ain't that right, Maddie?!

3 comments:

  1. OMG that's crazy nd little old people in the stores r the best!!!! Ur blogs crack mr up haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe *blush*...I can't believe that! Ridiculous! I like the old fashioned way where the copper has to catch you, this does not seem fair. Should I mail you cupcakes? :P

    ReplyDelete