Thursday, April 7, 2011

What's worse than being sick with sick kids?

A SICK HUSBAND!!
Oh no... pray for me y'all! Take cover! Run for the hills! Save yourself! He's coughing [everywhere], moaning, groaning, taking his temp every 5 minutes, tossing, turning....my poor big kiddo needs A LOT of attention when he's sick. He likes to be nursed back to health with a lot of love, rubs, hot tea, soup and he knows I have no problem doing that.haha. I feel so bad for him that he has to be at work right now though, but that's how he is, he NEVER calls out. He's a tough guy at work, but wait until he gets home. We're already planning Panera Bread soup tonight.

I'm pretty sure both of the kids are [going to be] like me. When I'm sick just LEAVE ME ALONE!
Josh was laying on his death bed for 3 days and didn't ask me for anything...I had to go in and keep checking on him. Turned out the cold became a severe sinus infection and he needed antibiotics.
My little Madeline was smiling as she choked on her congestion. I was really shocked she wasn't super cranky because she's so tiny and that has to be confusing not to feel well.
Come to think of it, he's not like me obviously, but even Bud (Anthony's son) is like that....I've had to ask him to take medicine before because he seemed so bad off.
We have some tough kids.


Did you know that babies only know how to breathe through their nose? Yep, a little something I learned while looking up baby congestion remedies.

Oh, and me....yep, I'm sick. BLAH! But, I'm trying to convince my body that it doesn't feel as bad as it really does.... reverse psychology at its finest. Plus, if a 10 week old just showed this cold who's boss I sure as hell can!

2 comments:

  1. I was the same way with sickness... but I guess since I"m not around little kids much anymore, I don't get sick a lot.

    ReplyDelete