Friday, April 15, 2011

Take 3

Last night I ate 2 "cookie sandwiches". I did so great this whole week, then after falling asleep on the couch with Anthony from 10-12:30, I woke up and ate. Ridiculous. I even spit the last bite out when I had that moment of clarity...what are you doing stuffing your face?, especially past midnight!  Stupid cookie sammiches.



It's almost 8 and Madeline's still sleeping [in her bassinet after the 3am feeding]. What a good little girl.

I'm going to try one more time to get a picture of her in the baptism dress, this will be the 3rd time. I am choosing thrifty, retail portrait studios because I only need ONE shot and for their hundreds (exaggeration) of pictures for a small fee of $7.99 it can't be beat. I just wanted something I could put in her thank you cards. I guess I have been spoiled by good photography, now going back to the retail chains have been a rude awakening....especially on Wednesday when I almost caught a charge.
Monday; Sears Portrait Studio: The photographer didn't have much of a personality, but he was very nice. He took his time and got the exact shot that we wanted, but our little Madeline would not cooperate. [see Over-priced Squeaker named Sophie post]
Wednesday; Sears Portrait Studio: I arrive, very cheerful and ready for fun! I start explaining to the photographer, Ronnie grrrrr, what happened on Monday night and how he got the exact shot we wanted, just that Madeline wouldn't give a good face and that I wanted the whole dress in the shot, I love her face, but this one picture needed to be far away with all of the dress........she walks away and gets paperwork....ummmm, ok, I wasn't talking or anything. We get in the "studio" for the "photo shoot" and she starts taking close-ups of Madeline's face. Hmmm...I didn't say anything [my child has a beautiful face, who wouldn't want to capture that?? hehe], I had already explained what I wanted, so she will get to that. 15 minutes into close up portraits, Madeline starts to get fussy. SO, I very kindly say, "Can we please get that shot that I said I really wanted?".
Her response, " I HAVE to get all of these shots.".
Still very kindly I say, "Well, she's getting a little cranky now, so maybe we could get it while she's still manageable and then come back to the shots you have to get.?"
Ronnie, raising her voice a little "I don't have time for this. I have 3 back to back appointments and I just don't have the time for this!".
I compose myself and still kindly explain, "Well, that's not very good customer service to tell me [or anyone else for that matter] that you do not have time to do what I specifically came in here asking for. I really would appreciate if you just do what I originally asked for, then this will make it a lot easier on both of us".
Well, then I could tell how angry she was that I called her out on her poor customer service, "She's slouching" ... she then proceeds to man-handle and nastily scoot my baby up in the little chair and then bumps her head on the back.
Madeline started screaming.
CRAZY mom saw red.
In a very low, monotone voice I said, "I'm going to ask you to leave this little room before I [through gritted teeth]  physically harm you.". I really did think I was going to....I felt it all throughout my body. I wanted to bump her head on that back of that chair.
She did not say anything. The look in my eyes and the sound of my voice....She knew what kind of crazy she was dealing with.
So, now in that little sauna of a room, I started hastily pulling off the 3 layer gown and changing her as fast as I could.
When I walked out of the room, she had all the close-ups shots on the computer. Before she said a word,with my pointer [had to clarify it wasn't the middle.haha] finger up, I said "Don't do it, don't even go there. Just let me leave this store."
What a horrible experience!
Today we will try JC Penney, lord help me! haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment