Tuesday, April 26, 2011

What not to say to a fat girl

We had a wonderful Easter and Anniversary.
1st Anniversary traditional gift is paper, so I got Anthony Phillies tickets. That is also what I gave him as a wedding present, so it only made sense. He said my paper gift was a card, so he also gifted black and white diamond earrings...very pretty and very unexpected.
I still made Josh get up and do the early Easter Bunny thing....minus the jelly bean trail. We actually got out of the house early too and made it to my Mom's brunch then to Me-moms. Madeline was a little angel the entire day....even though she was so hot we ended up stripping her. It was a very warm Easter, that hasn't happened in a while.



Anthony took off on Easter Monday and we had such a nice day. I wanted to go to the zoo, but they were calling for t-storms. So, we went to the outlets instead. Not a storm in sight, but had we gone to the zoo it would have been a different story for sure! My husband cracks me up sometimes. Everyone knows him as a funny guy, the life of the party. I wish you could see his other side...it cracks me up more than the funny guy sometimes. We were having lunch and I took a pepper and went to squeeze it on my salad. Well, instead of squirting my salad, it squirts him. He acted like I had just accidentally fired a loaded gun at him![drama queen?]..then proceeds to tell me that it's no laughing matter, pepper juice is a serious thing and it could have got him in the eye. My point? It didn't!! Therefore it's funny! Then, he gets so angst up that I am going to forget to tell the waitress to stop grating Parmesan cheese over my pasta that he stops her for me. Those are the kinds of things that stress him out....and I'm not supposed to find them funny? Well, I do. AND I just laughed typing about it. I just adore him and his silly quirks.

Well, I also thought it was hilarious how many family members and friends thought I styled Madeline's hair the way it is. Nope, that's her natural 'do.
I push it down.....


And it comes right back up.....


That's her signature style I guess. I love it, though....it makes her unique. We hear people in stores, on walks, every where...."Look at that baby's Mohawk!". It's awesome.

I really wanted to devour these peanut butter eggs my Mom made this morning....I had one on Easter and they were amazing. But, instead I was a good girl and I made an alternative to it....


I'm thinking that probably wasn't much better. But, I felt better afterwards. Apples and PB just sounds so much more healthy than Chocolate and PB. Right? I really am trying, but somewhere throughout the day I lose control. I'm no dummy, I know I'm a fat girl post-baby. I've calculated my BMI, I'm overweight... and actually, I'm 1.8 away from OBESE! Am I cool with that? NO. Was it worth it? YES. Will I get back to how I was? I sure hope so!
So, I'm out walking the dog the other day while holding Madeline and I saw someone from the neighborhood. She came over to see the baby, then asks how I'm feeling. I say, "Great!...if only I could drop these extra 15 lbs.".   What not to say to a fat girl?   "Yeah girl, then if only you could give them to me." 

I'm already honest with myself, do you really need to be that honest with me? AND hearing that you want to gain 15 lbs just really pissed me off.
Anyway....I went walking tonight with the Hubs and Madeline. She loved it.

There's my fat a$$....that's right.... I AIN'T SCURRED.





6 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwwwwww! Yourrrrrr sooooo funny! I love your blog! And yeah, peanut butter and apples soundsssssss so much better :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're looking good to me girl! You looked beautiful all decked out for the Baptism & Easter. I love the Anthony story BTW...sounds like something my dad would say! ;)Love that baby girl & her natural doo. People used to think I styled Aidan's hair too...LOL! <3 Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Susan!! But, unfortunately, numbers don't lie. :(
    Hehe, thanks, I love her 'do too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are beautiful - you have no booty at all girl! Stop complaining!!! Enjoy your good health and your baby is absolutely gorgeous!

    Its time for more bloggin!!

    ReplyDelete