Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Stop & smell the Baby's breath

We had such a wonderful weekend. Had a blast at the Beef and Beer with some awesome people. It's been a long time since I've had beer....so I enjoyed quite a few.hehe. There were raffles and prizes, a DJ, so we danced a few dances....and Cindy even won a half priced DJ! Can't wait for that party.
*Warning: Boob  content* Afterwards was not so wonderful for me.... my milk makers were screaming by the end of the night. Mom picked up Madeline at 3 and I didn't see her again until 11 and got home around 12. And of course I was not about to feed her after having some beers. So, I had to break the pump out...which for some reason did not really help. All I know is, for now on I am bringing that pump everywhere.

Sunday was amazing. Madeline was amazing. She did not make a peep the entire day. This baby is wonderful. *knocks on wood* She hardly ever cries. She even smiled a big smile when they poured the water over her head.





She was content as she was passed around the entire day. Almost as if she knew it was all about her, she enjoyed every second of it. We were so proud.

Yesterday was Be-pop's 81st birthday. Anthony was off and I kept Josh home from school. So, we treated him to his favorite, breakfast, at Bob Evans. It was nice, of course any time with our grandparents is.
Last night we had an Orioles game, I wish they could have stayed for that. It was a long one though, 19-1 in the 3rd, in our favor, but it's hard to see any team down by that many runs. I carried Madeline back and forth as we watched the entirely long game because one of the Dad's always stands and blocks the view of the plate.
2 whole days of carrying Madeline and my arms and back feel like I just did a Body Pump class!

I have such a happy baby in the morning! Madeline wakes up smiling ear to ear..ready for me to talk and sing to her. After that busy weekend, I had to take a minute to stop and smell her beautiful baby breath. I just LOVE the smell of baby's breath!...it's my little addiction. I need to bottle it into a perfume, so I can keep that smell forever. May sound crazy, but come smell her or any baby's breath, then you will know what I'm talking about!



Heard some disturbing news this morning, a good guy I used to work with was arrested for being in a Rx drug ring. Shocked and disturbed is how I feel about it. But, it's a shame, that is a sign of the times...unfortunately. I saw a status I know referred to him and it said, "Don't judge someone because of the decision they made...bcuz truthfully we don't know why they made that decision. God works in mysterious ways to get us to listen. Decisions/Mistakes...it doesn't matter. Worry about your own inner self, b4 you start thinking about someone elses.".  Exactly. You never know what someone else is going through and why they do things. It may have been their only way to put food on the table or even move and get their own place again after a rocky time in their life. As Ant said when I told him, "Easy cash gets you caught up". I can see that being true too. So, I'm saying a prayer for him and his family during this horrible time in their lives. You never realize just how much making a little cash the wrong way can ruin your life.






2 comments:

  1. Yes Mini Me smells so good! That's the first time I smelled the baby smell and she smelled so good! I'd heard about it, but never experienced it. She is such a good baby. It is sad about our co-worker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But did you smell her BREATH? Thank you, she is a good baby. :D

    ReplyDelete