Wednesday, April 6, 2011

These are a few of my favorite [baby] things....

These last (almost) 10 weeks have been AMAZING!! Madeline is a wonderful baby, she's so happy all of the time. I hope to post monthly about her mini accomplishments and what she likes. She will be 10 weeks tomorrow, so these are a few of the things we are enjoying right now....in no particular order.
For those who do not want to know me THAT well, stop reading after the stroller frame. ;)


The Bouncy Seat

When we first brought her home we put Madeline in this and she has loved it ever since. At first she just liked the vibrate part, so we removed the toy bar and referred to it as her massage chair. Now she is loving the music and lights that go along with it! She likes to talk to the monkey and bird that hang in front of her. 


SwaddleMe
This is hours after Madeline was born...she loved it then and can't sleep without it now! I joke and say she will have to be swaddled until she's 5! But, with her daily nap and at night she gets swaddled, laid down and within minutes she is fast asleep for hours...no swaddle, awake within minutes. So, THANK YOU SWADDLEME, we LOVE you!!


Bassinet
Ah yes, the item I got at a yard sale I thought I would use for 2 weeks is still going strong! Not because Madeline loves it, but Mommy does!! She could care less where I swaddled and laid her. I tried the crib for 2 nights, but then she became congested, so back to the bassinet it was! I must say, she sleeps longer in the bassinet though because when she starts grunting I help her find the next item on our list....


The NUK

The Nuk....or as I call it the Nuky. When we lay down we start with the Nuky in, but it falls out after she falls alseep. It used to be a neccessity in the car seat, but she has come to like getting in the car seat now because that means we are going out! I truly believe she knows exciting things happen when we get in the car seat..whether it's the awesome lights at the grocery store or songs at story time. But, back to the Nuk...she still has not mastered sucking it, she still likes it though.


Boppy
THIS is where the magic happens!! We take our morning fb pictures here, we get the Mommy Milk here and have been known to take a morning snooze on it too...so this is definitely a favorite!


Playmat
Madeline has loved her playmat for about a month now. She loves the freedom she gets being able to kick her legs around, the music that it plays and is now reaching for the toys!! What a big girl!


Snugrider Stroller frame

This has to be the most awesome invention EVER! You pop your car seat on this bad boy and BOOM! you have a lightweight stroller without getting your baby out of the car seat. We take it everywhere...grocery stores, mall, dr visits...it's the best.


BOOBS
So, I'm one of those crazy women that have always hated having boobs...until now. These tig ol' bitties finally have a purpose. I was scared to try the whole nursing thing and actually, it disgusted me. *blushes* But, the second they put her on me, my motherly instincts kicked in and we have done amazing since! Now I LOVE it...what an incredible thing we women can do for our children.


Medela Pump In Style

BEST pump for your money, HANDS DOWN! I've been trying to build up a good freezer supply for when we have a baby sitter or when she stops nursing. So 10 minutes every morning and I have a good 4-5 oz of milky goodness to freeze.


Munchkin high speed bottle warmer
We couldn't figure out why she acted like she was being poisoned with the bottle. Turns out it wasn't the right Mommy temp...within seconds of putting it in this we have the perfect temp bottle.


So, that's my list of things "we" LOVE and cannot live without. There are so many more things we like and if we come to love them I will just have to put them in her monthly post.

No comments:

Post a Comment