Friday, April 15, 2011

Sixteen socks

I've used a coupon here and there before, if it was a good one. But, yesterday was the first time I really used coupons at the grocery store. I decided that I may as well try it...since I'm not working and all. Don't get me wrong, my husband makes really good money, I just thought the savings could help..even if just a few bucks. It was AOL that inspired me. On the ads the other night there was a printable coupon site...I don't even have to clip?? I CAN do this.
So, I'm in the cereal aisle yesterday, getting frustrated with my coupons already while trying to find this damn cereal when a young, Hispanic woman says something to me I have trouble understanding. So, I ask her to repeat and she asked what cereal she could buy with WIC. At first I said I didn't know, but then I looked and all the cereals that are approved have "WIC approved" under the shelf label, so I showed her. I felt really good that I had helped her....then I started wondering why she would ask me of all the other people in the aisle. Then it occurred to me...my printable coupons look just like her WIC checks, so I look like I'm walking around the store looking for WIC items, not coupon items.haha. I'm NOT saying there is anything wrong with that, I just thought it was funny...I already feel cheap with my coupons and now...well.eh.
I was happy when I got up to the register though! My total went from $68 to $37...extreme couponing anyone?? I felt pretty awesome about that. So awesome I called Anthony at work. HAHA!
YAY COUPONS!


I just dropped something under the couch, so I lean down to get it. Well, I see a sock too. Then another. SIXTEEN socks later I just want to explode.
Oh living with boys is grand.

No comments:

Post a Comment