Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Send them to an island!!

Best line I have heard in a while....thank you, Me-mom.

My Me-mom messaged me today. Saying she hoped she had subscribed to my blog correctly and then proceeded to scold me about not giving myself enough credit for raising Josh alone. It always means so much when she is proud of me. That woman has seen and been through it all...so I often find myself calling for advice. Me-mom went through so many struggles with my Uncle Henry being born with Cerebral Palsy and just to hear the stories make me admire how courageous she is. You see, in 1959 when you had a baby with CP they told you to leave them at the hospital and walk away, so they could later throw them away in an institution for the rest of their life. My Me-mom is a strong woman and told them where they could go (and still will to anyone who crosses her path). She did everything she could to make sure my Uncle had the same opportunities that any other child had....especially attending a public school and not an alternative one. My Uncle excelled in everything because of my Me-mom's presistance and strength...and has been employed by the government for damn near 30 years! THAT is just ONE of the many reasons she is amazing.
I think I felt the need to give a shout out to Me-mom because a best friend's grandmother passed away a few days ago and I found myself not even being able to imagine if that was me.
BUT, back to the title....Me-mom says when boys turn 12-13 we just need to "send them to an island and don't let them back until they are 18!!". I am thinking that I totally agree with this statement and I can give 5 examples that have happened within the past 4 hours to support my belief and he is not turning 12 until May 19th....
#1: I stepped on an entire wardrobe when walking into Josh's bathroom to assist him with the sinus rinse. The hamper is right there, boy!!!
#2: He gives ME an attitude because his baseball equiptment is in  the car Anthony is driving and he's still at work. Really?? What is the attitude for? Because YOU left it in his car or because HE is still at work. And what do EITHER of them have to do with me??!
#3: The sing-song, sarcastic, you are basically crazy for asking tone he uses when we ask him a question in front of his friends/teammates. When are you going to realize we are just going to embarrass you more for anwering that way??!
#4: He's confronted later about why he acts so weird when we ask a question in front of friends/teammates and he denys it ever happened. REALLY? So, you think we enjoy making this stuff up?
#5: I ask him to do something, he forgets to do it and then gets an attitude when I have to ask again. Seriously?? Shouldn't I be the one with the attitude?? Oh that's right, I'm just talking to hear myself talk.

Isn't that enough for the whole sending to an island thing?? Who's buying the ticket?!
But, then I look at the first thing about rinsing his sinuses and think I guess he does still need me... even if it's not for the fun stuff.



No comments:

Post a Comment