Sunday, May 5, 2013

baseball pictures

Had a very nice weekend at a baseball tournament, just Josh and me. I'd prefer to do things as an entire family, but this seemed to be a much needed one on one time for us both. 
I love watching him play baseball, it makes me beam with pride as he pitches, holds his composure, keeps his cool and shows good sportsmanship. That is so important at this age...even though some lose their cool [and even cry.eek!] when it's not going their way, Josh keeps the love of the game in his head and never loses stamina...even when they're losing. It just makes me proud to know I instilled that in him when he was just a little tee-ball player. Anthony has also added to the foundation as he has gotten older and more mature.  I'm pretty sure I talk/post about this every season, but I just can't help it. I am so proud of how far he has come in his "baseball career"...and to know it all started when he was just a little preschooler. Now he looks like a man on the field.
This was his first game with this legion team and when we left he joked and said he was like an "outcast" on this team since he's the only one that shows his socks and wears eye black. Then I had to tell him about all of the moms that came up to me and said what a fun kid he seemed like...for those very reasons. He definitely likes to be different, so he got a kick out of that.
This team happens to be made up of the kids we played in the All-Star game last year, which also makes it pretty funny. Once the enemy, now the friend.
I have to get some more pictures of him playing on the senior team too, but that's usually when I'm chasing Madeline around. 
But, here are some baseball pictures from today....












And this.....
My favorite. No matter how old your child is, it is always cute when they're sleeping. 

2 comments:

  1. Tell Joshua to never not show his socks. I think it looks so stupid the way the baseball players wear their socks nowadays. Adam Jones is the only player on the Orioles that wears his socks what I like to call the "proper" way.
    He is definitely going pro, so tell him please keep the "proper" tradition going.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No way will he change because of everyone else. I still let him read this though.

      Delete