Monday, May 20, 2013

CAKE

Very nice day yesterday. I think Joshua had a great birthday, especially since we (or should I say my husband) surprised him with a phone. Yeah, our kid is probably the only 8th grader that didn't have one, so I'm just hoping it was a good decision.
When Madeline woke up and we told her it was Josh's birthday, the first thing that came to mind was CAKE!!!! Yeah, from 9am until 6pm our daughter talked about, thought about, sang about CAKE. She didn't really fully grasp this whole birthday = cake concept until a few months ago, but now that is ALL a birthday means. We sing, we eat cake.
Speaking of cake, it has been a tough day trying to refrain from eating it. All I have wanted this past week is sweets...I have even replaced a meal or two or three..... Today I have been trying to regain my willpower, "I will not eat cake, I will eat a mango"..."I will not eat cake, I will eat a pear". Then I remembered those homemade white chocolate oreos in the cabinet and I quickly forgot about cake and ate those instead. Yeah, I'll probably gain 50lbs in my last couple weeks of pregnancy. Super.

Other than all this cake talk, there are 11 days, well 10 since today is almost over, left until my due date and I'm pretty sure this baby is in for the long haul. Anthony wants the baby to come on Thursday, so we'll see if he/she will cooperate. My poor husband. He's such a planner. This is starting to drive him insane...we do not know the gender, we do not know when the baby will decide to make their appearance, we don't know how this whole VBA2C experience will treat us (but have super positive thoughts that it will go as hoped). To me, it's super exciting to await surprises. To him, it's pretty stressful not to be able to plan everything. I'm starting to think I should have at least let him have the gender...even though he did promise me after he found out we were being blessed with a little girl that the next would be a surprise. I'm really shocked that we both lasted this long, especially with the amount of ultrasounds we had. But, we did.

And here's the birthday fun....

He was pretty shocked about his phone.
Look at how excited she is for him. haha.
 
Madeline and Nan...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment