Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Relax

Well, you guys, I did it to myself. [[sad face]] I didn't give my muscles a chance to just relax the way they're supposed to during pregnancy.[[extra sad face]]
Here I thought that taking Pilates and tightening my core muscles as many as 3 times a week was going to be phenomenal for this whole vbac process. Nope. My muscles are in a constant tension/tight mode at this point and will not relax enough for the baby to turn. That's where the chiropractor comes into play..he is going to loosen my muscles, ligaments and joints. I was also told that the whole spinning babies routine that I have already been doing is perfect and will work hand in hand with what he is doing...telling my muscles it is ok to relax.
Alright, enough beating myself up and more about my actual experience. Well, it's an hour away. So, I pulled up to a large white house with a cat on the porch, a swing set and tons of outdoor toys. Inside there was an entire playroom of fun toys and a pregnant black lab in the waiting room and kids crawling around everywhere...
                               
I'm not kidding.haha. It is a very free spirited, family owned practice. As a matter of fact, this is the office and through the front desk leads into their home. I loved them...so nice and inviting, telling me to bring Madeline next time. The mother of the practice teaches the Webster technique and edits a magazine called Pathways to family wellness. I am seeing her son, who spent about an hour just talking to me about my plans and how this would be beneficial for me. Then spent a good 45 minutes feeling out my muscles and adjusting...most amazing feeling ever, like all of my pregnancy aches were being lifted away. I won't bore you with all of the details, I'll just say I LOVED it and cannot wait to go back on Wednesday.

I am proud of my husband. He's not too fond of Drs and tends to think they're just out to make a buck. But, he has been very supportive of this, knowing how important it is to me.

Just think a little spinning baby thought for me, ok? I was given the name of a Dr that will do ECV (basically manually turn the baby) if all of this doesn't work by week 38...and from the youtube videos, I'd really like to avoid this.

Here's what we did today...
She loves the pool.
And the snack after.


Look at this sweetness...
hehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment