Monday, May 13, 2013

VERTEX!! a.k.a. HEAD DOWN!! a.k.a. READY TO GO!

I'm going to start right off with the awesome news, had my ultrasound today and baby's position is VERTEX!! a.k.a. HEAD DOWN!! a.k.a. READY TO GO! That's right, all those crazy things I did, like hanging upside down, are no longer crazy, all those positive thoughts, all those hopeful wishes from you!, those back to back (har har) chiropractic appointments (I may hug him on Wednesday), all that worrying hoping. I'm feeling very accomplished. And you guys will not have to hear about my breech baby woes anymore!! We all win!
Um, my husband tried to find out the gender yet again at our ultrasound today!!! But, the Dr informed him that "the boss" is the one he is actually "ultrasounding" and didn't go near the legs. Poor guy, he's getting so anxious. He insists that it's a boy, I'm not sure why he needs this confirmation so badly.
We have jumped through quite a bit of hurdles with this baby. I actually went back and read my original reveal blog  and others after that when we had our huge scare and it made me realize how far we have come. I will be honest and say there was a time that I didn't think I would get this far and I am so blessed to be at this point. As far as vbac'ing, I am going to let my body do what it was made to do and hopefully that will take me to the birth experience that I am wishing for. I have educated myself on my options and am aware this is my body and my choice. These two things will take me to where I need to be...it may not even be where I want to be, but I will have made that choice.

When I got out of bed this morning, I looked at my bare belly in the mirror and smiled. Pregnancy is beautiful. I could almost see exactly how our sweet little one was crunched up in there (I envisioned head down, of course), just waiting to come out. Then it hit me, there's a baby in my belly that I will be holding soon. Woah. I'm always so busy that sometimes I forget to take a minute and realize that we are adding another member to our family. We are taking that plunge and becoming the ring leaders of a household with a teenager, toddler and newborn. That just gave me heart palpitations. I know we can do it though...hell, combine our experience and we are like 33-34 year parent veterans. That should count for something. Anyway, I'm excited to snuggle this new little life in my arms, smell them, kiss them, nurse them, see how they fit right into our family like they were always here.

My family threw a "sprinkle" for me on Saturday. I was so confused/shocked when I walked in. It was supposed to be a little get together so everyone could meet my niece then I went out to Target with my brother, came back and they were there waiting for me. It was so much fun and such a nice surprise. I was put on the spot about the names we have for the baby. We have a little list of names, two main ones, we are kind of keeping them a secret. Our boy name has a lot of meaning behind it and our girl name is beautiful and from someone in the family. I'm very excited to see what we will be blessed with!! For the record, I'm going GIRL since the majority is saying boy.



2 comments:

  1. Awesome news! Can't wait to meet "Baby Susan"...LOL! Had fun chatting with you at the "sprinkle". I always love reliving the birth stories and the excitement of waiting for the baby's arrival. <3 Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Baby Susan or Baby Marcus! ;) it was great chatting with you too. Thank you so much!

      Delete