Friday, May 10, 2013

Happy Mother's Day weekend

Happy Mother's Day weekend to all of those awesome Moms out there. We are amazing beings. We never think twice about putting everyone else's needs first. We are caregivers, protectors, lovers, house cleaners, chefs, friends, chauffeurs, cheerleaders, counselors, teachers, shoppers, planners, human incubators, singers, dancers, artists...we are everything we need to be for everyone in our family every minute of everyday. And as exhausting as that sounds, we truly enjoy it. At the end of the day, we sit back and smile at how we handled such a hectic day.
Oh, we are patients too. A shot in the ear? Darn.

I am very lucky with the mother figures I have in my life. I thank God every day that I have my grandmother, who is always there, loves us to no end and makes us feel like the light of her life. I thank God that I have a sweet mother that is always willing to help everyone and adores her grandchildren. I thank God for all of the Mom friends I have...whenever a problem occurs, they are there in full force, embracing me in comforting advice. I have many Aunts also. I'm surrounded by motherly love...I guess that is part of what has molded me into the mother that I am today.

So, I thought it would be a great idea to paint flower pots and then plant these beautiful flowering spring cactus in for Me-mom and my Mom. Madeline picked out green and pink paint for Me-mom and a gorgeous orange flowering cactus, purple paint and pink cactus for my Mom. We even used scrapbook stickers to spell out "Happy Mother's Day 2013", painted over them and then peeled them off to reveal the letters on the pot. We were very proud of our finished gift...I should have taken pictures then. I got up this morning to pack up the car and looked at our beautiful masterpieces only to find that our crazy orange cat had eaten all the big, gorgeous flowers off the cacti!!!! Errrr..I was a TAD bit annoyed with him. Total gift fail. The cards were still cute though.
                                      

Here's our cutie on this super warm day....
Ready to go to Memom & Bepops.






No comments:

Post a Comment