Friday, May 31, 2013

Happy due date to me!

Happy due date to me!
Yep, still hanging in there. There are times I feel like I'm barely hanging in there...but, really, I am. Contractions have taken over my sleep time, making for a grumpy me.
A friend said that I was handling this really well. But, at times, meaning not all the time so don't think I'm losing faith, I find myself thinking, "eff this stupid raspberry leaf tea I'm drinking", "eff this damn ball", "eff these pelvic thrusts", "eff all this money that has gone to the chiropractor", "eff these inversions", "eff this inversion crap", "eff this evening primrose oil", "and "dammit, eff these non progressing contractions!!!!". Then I take a deep breath and pull myself back in. I am proud of myself for not giving up. Everything that has happened along the way and I am still here and the baby is still happily jumping around after I eat a mango. That's what fills my thoughts. I can do this. I will do this. And I will continue believing.
Then I get an email that says this....
Ok. What in the hell is a jackfruit? Is that like the absolute largest fruit possible??

In other news, Madeline decided that 6am would be an awesome time to wake up. That lead us down to the couch and on went the tv. Ok, so, Gaspard and Lisa...so confusing, especially at 6am. Are they rabbits with tails? No. I googled. They are puppies with rabbit-like ears that talk and walk around in a human world. No one thinks this is strange? Way too early for that silliness, but Madeline seemed to enjoy it...

My Mom is here helping us. I can't say enough how grateful I am for family and the help they have been providing. It reminds me of an article I read a few months ago how mothers used to have all of this help provided by the women in their family before and after their baby was born. It is so nice. Although, my Mom is cleaning like a mad woman, making me feel like a slug. I'm quite perplexed how someone can go from working out 3-4 times a week at 38 weeks pregnant to this lazy mess I have become. Maybe it is the lovely spread of carbs that she brought along for us...
I must say, that French toast bagel was pretty damn good.

Well, keep those labor thoughts and prayers coming, please!!! I appreciate each and every one of them! You guys are the best.
I hope these contractions are building up my pain tolerance to a point that labor will be a breeze...wishful thinking?

No comments:

Post a Comment