Wednesday, May 1, 2013

I WILL

I'm bummed. I'm trying not to be, but I am. Had my 36 week appt today and my husband asked the question I already knew, "What position is the baby in?". After feeling around, she came to the top of my ribs and said, "Yep, that's a head". It's harder to hear it out loud than to just know it.
I've tried so hard to get this baby where they need to be...Pilates my entire pregnancy to strengthen my pelvic floor, swimming to relieve pressure. I've religiously practiced all of the techniques advised by Spinning Babies. Brisk walking while swinging my hips, forward leaning inversion, sitting forward on my sitz bones, good maternal sleep positioning, pelvic tilts, rebozo sifting, all techniques advised.
In the next few days, I will also try a warm/cold method...cold up top and warm at the bottom, trying to coax the baby to go towards the warmth. There's also a music method where the baby may want to travel down to music. We shall see!
I also just made three chiropractor appointments with a Webster technique certified Dr. starting on Monday. I will have to take Madeline to 2 out of the first 3 scheduled, so lord knows, I hope like hell this works!! The more I think about it, I'm kind of excited that I have an excuse to go to the chiropractor. Maybe they can help all of these aches, pains and pregnancy induced carpal tunnel.

There's a chance I may have cried, thinking about the possibility of a stubborn baby that will not turn, killing my chances of a vba2c. But, I will not let my mind go there. I WILL remain positive. As I was feeling down,  a friend sent me this...
And that is so true. I am in control of my own miracles!
So, from now on, there will be nothing but positive from me!! This baby WILL turn!
The positive of my appointment today is that Madeline helped the Dr measure the baby and find the heartbeat. She was so proud that she talked about it for the rest of the day.
I love the way this girl talks about things. On our way home while we were passing cows, they were all at the barn and I said they were eating lunch. She then replied that cows eat macaroni and cheese.haha. It was seriously the cutest thing ever.
As was her helping me with laundry...
Big helper will make a great big sister!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Chrissy! Can't believe you are this close to "D" day! I was scheduled to have the inversion technique to turn Olivia because she was double breech...head, arms and legs pointed..ahem downward in a dive position. I was 35 weeks and she miraculously turned. It was pretty freaky I must admit the way my stomach moved. Aidan was nearly 4 and Jack 22 months...I was def. trying to avoid the C-section. Praying Baby Spirito will be doing some flips some time soon! Either way you will do great! <3 Susan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Susan!! It feels like I've been waiting forever and now I just want things to slow down...the baby's room isn't even ready! ahhh!!!
      This little guy/gal has been going back and forth from breech to transverse for a month or so...making me feel like I'm going to rip open. I just want one last flip out of him/her!!

      Delete