Friday, May 17, 2013

Dreft knock-off

I tend to be thrifty...or should I say that wasting money on certain things just makes me cringe. Spending $20-30 on baby detergent just makes me ill, so I decided to hunt for a Dreft knock-off. Tried it. Love it. I'll share it.
Makes 80 light loads or 40 heavy loads...I always use more than necessary, so I'm just going to go with that it makes 40 loads. So, here's the awesome part. 40-80 loads = <$3.00

Ingredients:
- 1 bar of Ivory soap
- 2 cups of Borax
- 2 cups of Super Washing Soda


First, microwave your bar of Ivory soap. Yep, just do it. The house smells clean and fresh now. And did you know that microwaving soap does this???....

I did not.
It's so fluffy and delicious looking. Don't eat it though

Then, throw 2 cups of Washing Soda and the fluffy soap into your food processor until blended well.
Next, add the 2 cups of Borax until, again, well blended.

DONE! I overestimated the size of the container I would need for it, but I guess I'll just make some more. I have 2 more bars of Ivory and plenty of Borax and Washing Soap left.

The savings is amazing, so I figured some of you out there would benefit. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment