Sunday, May 26, 2013

I have a prediction

I have a prediction. The baby is coming tomorrow and it will be a girl. That is what I'm thinking. I told Anthony the 27th all along because that is my cousin's birthday and when she first found I was pregnant, she hoped it would be on her birthday.
Plus, my body is preparing in another way at this point. I have been having contractions since Thursday/early Friday morning and [[[[[super gross detail alert, skip the rest of this paragraph, fellas]]]]] have been losing mucus plug since Friday night. Yeah, I had NO idea there was that much to lose, but I definitely found out today.
[[[[[Alright, safe to read again]]]]]
I feel like I just had to share that with everyone. I have had SO much support throughout this quest to VBA2C and I truly believe it's from documenting it on here. So many of you have reached out, messaged me, talked to me, and even Anthony, when we see you in person and it means a lot and has built my confidence in a way that cannot be broken. No matter what my experience, I am so grateful for all of the support. I'll be sure to post my entire birth story so it will either give others that have confided in me faith towards their hopes of a VBAC or they can learn from my mistakes. Either way, I will be proud of myself for everything I have done to prepare. Including my current cervix softening attempts over the past few weeks with Raspberry Leaf tea *sips super strong tea* and Evening Primrose Oil over the past few days (that didn't work with Madeline, but seems to be this time..so thanks to a good friend for convincing me to give it a try again).
The sporadic contractions over the past few days have become quite exhausting and uncomfortable, but I'm definitely trying to rest as much as I can. So nothing is getting done, as I sit here relaxing. Madeline has definitely noticed a change in me, so she only wants me to do things...like pick her up, change her, sit next to her, put her to bed, etc. She senses something is about to go down. Or it could be that my husband is on high alert over every grunt or flinch I make. So she runs over to give me a check-up....

She has also become so aware of babies while we're out in public. "Mommy, please take me to see that baby" & "Oh, he's just so cute".
She asked me the other day when our baby was coming, I answered soon. So, she grabbed me by the belly and asked me to take it off, when I didn't, she lead me to the baby's room by the belly and said, "This is your room, baby". I'd say she is definitely getting excited!!

This definitely puts the whole 9 month belly into perspective.haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment