Friday, May 24, 2013

I will never...

I will never....
-Let my kid run around a store like a maniac
-Have a kid that hits/kicks
-Tolerate tantrums
-Give my kid a snack to shut them up in a store
-Turn on the tv to get something done
-Let my child choose a snack for a meal


Says the woman that has not become a parent yet or the mother that hasn't mothered a toddler yet.

But, if you're a Mom of a toddler or a Mom of older kids that hasn't forgot what the age is like you realize...
-The kid probably isn't running around "like a maniac" because they actually only have one speed at this age
-Toddlers kick or hit when they are having trouble communicating or hell, better yet,  just to see what your reaction will be
-Tantrums are how they express their disappointment or disapproval of a situation...as annoying as it may be
-Sometimes food is the deciding factor whether your kid will sit in the cart or have the urge to try to escape on their own
-There are some things that kids cannot help with because them "helping" is not actually helping...so a half an hour of tv will not kill them
-There will be/was a time when [you are nine months pregnant] just unable to go through the battle and suddenly you come to the realization the watermelon and cheese really isn't a bad meal after all

My list goes on and on and on. It is amazing how "I will never" can turn into "this is why" so easily. My husband often reminds me of her age when I'm feeling frustrated by any of these situations and I take a minute to reflect on my "this is why" list.

Well, we had our Dr appointment on Wednesday. 1cm dilated...that's one more than I was with Madeline. And I've been having contractions since last night...nothing to go running to the hospital about, but YAY! It feels so real. I was told at the appointment that the baby was still pretty far up, but I have decided that I am so short that it shouldn't take long to drop anyway. I'm hoping after these contractions I've been having that I'm like 4cm dialted, but I'm convinced that this baby is in for the long haul and I will be one of those women with contractions for a week before active labor. And reminded myself, again, this is MY body and it will do what it needs to do. I can feel it.
Yep, here I am..
                                  

Madeline is REALLY going to miss the chiropractor, I don't know if it's the toy room or the zoo that they have there, but she LOVES it.

And our new obsession...The ABC's...

No comments:

Post a Comment