Tuesday, May 28, 2013

maybe, just maybe, THIS will be my last bump pic....

I brought our [old] laptop into the bath tub...
Why does it feel better to have contractions in a warm bath? It just does.

So, I'm on the Drs time now...one week from Friday or I will have to be cut open yet again. Such an icky way to put it. I don't feel like it will happen, so that's why I put it that way. I will not accept that fate until I am on the table.
My husband is such a great support.We had our serious "what if" talk when he came home tonight and the fact that he said I still have plenty of time and this baby just wants to stay in until their due date gave me a whole new perspective. He is so compassionate and it lifts my spirits in the most amazing way.
My family is trying hard to understand the decisions I am making and I commend them for that.  They are running back and forth to help me with Madeline, which means the world to me.
I've also had so many people call, text, message, email, facebook me today, with inspirational and encouraging words. One friend texted me this: "Even if you have a c-section you will still have your baby. Your perfect baby." That brought me to tears. Another texted me about not becoming discouraged with all the advice I am being given...I appreciated that more than she knows. Another that will call just to check in and her sweet little son talks to me too, so that right there brings a huge smile...even through a contraction.

When I reflect on all of this, it makes the exhaustion of laboring for this long a little easier.

Let's get to the technical shit stuff. I went to the Dr today. Still 1cm and 50% effaced. This makes the Dr basically tell me it is impossible. I don't think so. The problem that he says I am having is that the head is still not down on the cervix and that's where it needs to be to promote dilation. My mission: to engage the baby. I have a chiro appointment tomorrow, so hopefully that will help. I also have a few different positions that I have already been putting my body in to continue trying as well. I'm sitting on a ball now...rolling my hips, trying to open these bad boys up.
During my hospital visit, I was also told that natural delivery of this baby wouldn't be possible because of my stature. Since I am "petite". Any other time I would have been flattered by this comment. The only way I am petite is my height, so to say I have a tiny frame is just hilarious.
So, that's what is on my agenda. That and laboring with a two year old that doesn't understand why I'm not my usual energetic self. Maybe I will wake up tomorrow, full of energy, spend one last day with all of my attention on Madeline, have the chiropractor adjust me, the baby drop and then go into labor tomorrow night. It could happen. It could definitely happen.
If not, popcorn and a movie seemed to occupy a toddler with a laboring mother today...

And maybe, just maybe, THIS will be my last bump pic....
No make-up, ratty hair...yeah...I just don't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment